Friday, August 15, 2008 | Posted in ,

MySpace Page

The first Hip Hop album based on Original Music from the 80's New Wave era.
This album is Based on True Events.

*Review from amazon.com
I didn't quite know what to think of Knonam when I first saw the album cover for "Length Of The Blade". At first glance, it's a bit laughable seeing Knonam leaning on the side of his (borrowed) 1986 Ferrari Testarossa, with retro-styled typography and cityscapes amidst colors that screamed the 80s throughout the front, back and inside covers. On his Myspace page, he categorizes himself as "Hip Hop / New Wave / Pop". Further listening would prove the album cover is actually a dead-on accurate depiction of how much fun this 80s-drenched gem really is. The 30-year old has been circulating in the Minneapolis underground scene for quite some time. With help from Eyedea and long-time friend Brother Ali, he released his first album "I Swear to Drunk I'm Not God". All the production on "Length Of The Blade" is created from a wealth of 80s culture. He's listed as the sole writer and producer on the album, which was recorded at E&A Studios. Being an underground artist, I wasn't expecting the beats to be this golden. In my opinion, he's got the production on lock as much as he does his flow. The album plays as an excellent concept that covers much of his childhood and the culture of the 80s through his own eyes in an autobiographical style.

1. St. Elmo's Fire
2. Length of the Blade
3. 1988
4. Ransom
5. Sunglasses (Feat. Skoops)
6. Who's Bad
7. Minnesota
8. Take Shots
9. My Name
10. I'm Back (Feat. Royce Da 5'9)
11. Dead Wrong
12. I Walk
13. Over North
14. Miss Me
15. I Am
16. Walk the Line
17. One Bullet's Enough

*a-FILI-ated*
If you like the 80's sound perfectly meshed with some good old fashion dope hip hop, don't sleep on this. Much better than I first thought! Check it out and see what you think.

Photobucket
��