Wednesday, October 01, 2008 | Posted in ,

MySpace

Producing incredible beats is nothing new to hip-hop veteran Ayatollah. Although probably most known for his contribution to Mos Def's "Ms. Fat Booty", 'Tollah has crafted classics for some of the best MCs to ever touch the microphone like Rakim, The Wu-Tang Clan, Talib Kweli, D-Block, Pharoahe Monch, and many more. Ayatollah has even been compared to (and probably has influenced) such heavyweight producers such as RZA, Just Blaze and Kanye West to name a few.

While his vintage soulful sound is synonymous with classic golden era hip-hop, the music’s timeless quality stands strong against any of today's biggest hits. Drum Machine, a musical ode to the tool of his trade, is a must for any producer, DJ, MC or hip-hop enthusiast.

Ayatollah-
"Many people ask me what motivated me to create an album like this, I guess you could say the things that I see through my everyday travels is what drove me to make the album. As soon as I wake up I'm already in a creative mode, I just turned on my equipment and hours later I had and album. I called it "drum machine" because its one of the core pieces of equipment in hip hop music and has been so ever since hip hop began. its kind of my "tribute" to the entire hip hop legacy".

01. Tollah Intro
02. Everywhere
03. In Orbit
04. I Gotta Rock
05. Uncivilized
06. Inside Of Him
07. Let Jah Be Praised
08. Supersonic
09. The Best Thing
10. I Love The Way You Love Me
11. Mass Transit
12. Brolic

Another TR exclusive banger!!! This time, dope instrumentals from the legendary Ayatollah, don't sleep!

Photobucket